Facilities and Service Management Solution
Current State of Facility Management in the World
Realizing the growing significance of Facilities and Property Management, especially in the management of intelligent buildings and high tech facilities, many major organizations and government departments, are resorting to the concepts of Facility Management, in responding to the higher standards and expectations as set by the ever demanding customers, resulting in increasing demand for quality service and more effective management.
However, management departments simply do not know how to respond to these issues. They mainly focus on putting more manpower and resources towards reactive repair and maintenance, and taking a very reactive approach to the overall issues of facility and property management.
The following issues are some of the main issues facing the Facility and Property Management industry in China:
- Lack of management concepts and experience. Focusing only on short terms costs, and not appreciating the long term impact of Life Cycle Costing, and the subsequent cost savings and effectiveness.
- Low management skills and standards. Not leveraging the power of information technology. Currently most operations are still reliant of manual paper process for documentation, resulting in inaccuracies and very limited analysis.
- Facility Management is already a well recognized industry in many developed countries, however in some of countries, it is still in the early stages of adoption. There is limited practice and research on the topic, and most of the practice is still very limiting and superficial.
Facility management is a profession that encompasses multiple disciplines to ensure functionality of the built environment by integrating people, place, process and technology.
as defined by IFMA ( International Facility Management Association )
SAMEX Asset Management System can help us in the following ways:
- Automating and improving the Asset Maintenance process, assigning the appropriate materials and resources efficiently, and increasing the effectiveness of management
- Providing better customer service, reducing the number of complaints, and increasing the level of customer satisfaction
- Reducing the cost of operations and maintenance, and taking a pro-active approach towards effective maintenance management.
- Increases the inventory transparency, reduce the unnecessary stock item
- Increases procurement process efficiency, reduce the extra cost due to delay, reduce the overall procurement cost
- Strategically manage facilities, internal staff and contractor's SLA and KPI
- Reduce the TCO, simplifying operation procedures, and approval process auditing
- Provide a knowledgebase platform, auto-accumulate successful experience, increases the organizations overall skill sets
- Provide supporting data for assets and customer service related strategic decision making
- Increase the ROI, OEE (Overall Equipment Efficiency) and extends the asset & service lifecycle
Please click here to download the complete material